Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Disney Bar Crawl Episode II: A bear of very little sobriety.


My next stop at "Downtown Disney" was Raglan Road, a faux Irish pub I tried, without success, to hate. The Guinness was poured properly, Van Morrison played (not too loudly) on the sound system, and a Disney marketing guy I met at the bar bought me a couple of pints.
The Disney guy also piqued my interest with a tale of a fabled "monorail pub crawl."
The futuristic mass transit loops past three Disney resort hotels, he explained.
"When old friends come to town to visit, we hit the monorail and stop at each of the resorts for a drink. Or three."
Well, sir, there's nothing on earth like a genuine, bona fide, electrified, six-car monorail. (Do you think the track will bend? Not on your life my Hindu friend!)
But I was feeling a bit fuzzy, and Pooh was obviously NOT going to be my designated driver.
The pub crawl of tomorrow would have to remain such, for now.

No comments: